ASA RULE CHANGES/HIGHLIGHTS
EDGFSA RULE CHANGES/HIGHLIGHTS
Robert Solomon, Atlanta Quarterback club (umpires association), shared that none of the rule changes in ASA apply to our league.
Protests: Rules and player eligibility can be protested, but not judgment calls. (See http://edgfsa.org/documents/faq-protest.txt.)
No jewelry or hair ornaments is allowed.
- All players must play a minimum of 2 consecutive innings on defense. If player on roster is not going to participate, coaches must notify opposing manager and plate umpire.
- New Rule: Teams are to exchange certified roster books at the beginning of each game. (Note: rosters will be posted for reps to distribute to teams; any player exceptions will be noted on certified roster.)
- 8u only: Throwing to the circle no longer stops the play; defensive team needs to throw the ball to the base ahead of the runner to stop the play.
Teams impacted by combined divisions will be advised of appropriate rules to apply.
RAINOUTS / RESCHEDULES
Submit scores after each game; park reps are to submit scores by noon each Monday.
Reschedules: Coaches should advise park reps of needed reschedules immediately after reviewing the schedule. Coaches and park reps should work together to set reschedule dates as soon as possible. Park reps should notify EDGFSA Secretary and booking agent immediately that game will be rescheduled and confirm when new date/time has been agreed upon.
Rainouts: Coaches should advise park reps 2 hours before a game if there field is playable. Rep will advise EDGFSA Secretary and booking agent.
PLAYER AFFIDAVIT/TEAM ROSTER BOOK
Review how and when protests should be made. Official scorebook should be signed by umpires noting protest. Additional notes should be made regarding specifics at the time the incident occurred (as noted on the protest form). The protest should be submitted within 24 hours of the game, with copy of official score book page referencing game and protest fee.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Team roster books are due week of May 29. League secretary will reach out to park reps to schedule time to certify roster books.
These should be presented at each game, upon request of opposing team/umpire.
Media Release Form is to be signed by player's parents and coaches. This has been added so the league can share game pictures on the internet through social media and league website.
Certification information is on the website on Coach's Corner and Team Mom pages (under Resources on main menu).
- Code of Conduct now includes picture of coach.
Currently, coaches, team moms and other individuals who work with the children during the game are to be certified.
- Schedules: Schedules will be distributed to all reps as soon as available (probably during the week of spring break). Opening day is Monday, April 13.